Careers in


Play Video



Administrator (HFA/RCA)

The Health Facility Administrator (HFA) in a skilled nursing center or the Residential Care Administrator (RCA) in an assisted living community is responsible for overseeing daily operations and management of the entire facility to ensure it is in compliance with all state and federal surveys requirements. HFA/RCAs are also responsible for census development, resident/patient care, positive employee relations, and implementing facility programs.

Education & Experience
Administrators must obtain at least a bachelor’s degree in public health, healthcare administration, business administration. Some administrator positions require an advanced degree in a related field. After submitting an application to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (IPLA) and completing a five to six month Administrator-in-Training (AIT) or internship experience in a residential care or health care facility, an AIT must then complete an RCA/HFA Course and pass the licensing exam. Scholarships for individuals pursuing educational training for Health Facility Administrator/Residential Care Administrator licensure are available.

Salary Average

Licensed HFAs and RCAs must obtain at least 40 hours of continuing education during each two year licensing period.

Next Steps
Operations Management

 So, is it time to find your life’s work?

Interested in career training, education, job placement or internships?

Start Here